We are pleased to announce that the new updated ImunifyAV version 4.4 is now scheduled for gradual roll-out from our production repository and will be available for all customers in about two weeks or less.
If you want to upgrade to the new ImunifyAV version 4.4 right now, you can run the following commands:
Current release info
Rolled out to: 1%
Last updated: December 18, 2019 11 AM EST
How to install
To install the new ImunifyAV version 4.4.4-2, run the commands:
How to upgrade
To upgrade ImunifyAV on CentOS/CloudLinux systems, run the command:
yum update imunify-antivirus
Here’s a list of new features in version 4.4:
- ELF files detection in user folders
Malicious binary executables (ELF files) are often placed within user home directories. So, there is a new option that also scans these directories for malware. To prevent too many false positives, it’s disabled in version 4.4 by default.As this is an experimental feature, please share your experiences of it via email@example.com, so we can improve it in future versions.
- Domain reputation management in ImunifyAV+
ImunifyAV+ now has the same domain reputation features already enjoyed by Imunify360 customers.
- Consistent Malware Scanner reports
Under some conditions, the results of scans were not consistent in the UI (the number of detected threats might vary). This has been fixed.
- Support for Ubuntu 16/18
Now it could be run on Ubuntu.
- Bugfixes and tasks
- DEF-9430 - Multiple files are labeled "infected" under the user "ossec" under Malware Scanner
- DEF-9128 - Delete fails on [ No such file or directory ]
- DEF-9473 - AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'name'
- DEF-9642 - Support form - fix file upload input
- DEF-9694 - Avoid memory regression in SendToServer plugin
- DEF-9757 - imunify-antivirus on Ubuntu has broken doctor path
- DEF-9758 - imav-deploy script might fail on uninstall on a generic panel without proper config
- DEF-9781 - Do not change ImunifyAV+ license to ImunifyAV automatically
- DEF-9853 - ImunifyAV can't start its rpc service due to possibly ignorable I/O errors
- DEF-10046 - Deploy script fails if updated during uninstall
- DEF-10074 - Do not constantly restart agent in case of startup errors
- DEF-10075 - [Response validation] 'running' is not one of ['stopped']
- DEF-10203 - Update i360deploy.sh for the IM.AV->IM360 upgrade case
- DEF-10261 - fix processing MalwareScan['summary']['path']
- DEF-10297 - Migration failed: 126_add_malware_scan_modified_files_option
- DEF-10311 - error: bad character range 9-0 at position 84
- DEF-10328 - suspicious files are not uploaded to IRMA (no uploaded events in the mrs_events table)
- DEF-10429 - do not set umask during agent start on CentOS 6
- DEF-10431 - cPanel service manager restarts agent during migration
- DEF-10467 - wrong symlink to malware_found.list on fresh install CentOS 6 cPanel
- DEF-10472 - update text description in the UI
- DEF-10404 - duplicated record is added to the Malicious table after restore-original with enable_scan_inotify=true
- DEF-10447 - do not setup CageFS in AV
- DEF-10596 - handle expired ImunifyAV+ license in UI
- DEF-10469 - [AI-BOLIT] supports a new hash API format with verdicts
- DEF-10643 - limit the number of workers for ThreadPoolExecutor
- DEF-10672 - TypeError: sequence item 1: expected str instance, int found
- DEF-10616 - decrease ImunifyAV memory consumption
If you have any comments and suggestions regarding the release, or any feature requests, you can reach out to the product team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
And, don’t forget the support team, who are always happy to help with any issues or questions on product installation and usage. To contact them, submit a ticket via ZenDesk.