We’re pleased to announce that a new version of ImunifyAV has been scheduled for gradual rollout from our production repository and will be available for all customers in about two weeks or less If you’d like to get it earlier, see instruction at the end of the post.
The ImunifyAV version 4.6 release introduces the following changes and features:
- Reducing system load for real-time scanner
(Less memory, faster scans)
- Enhanced malware verdicts in the Malware Scanner
- Scanning stability improvements
(Scanning no longer depends on the Imunify360 agent service and requires less resources)
- Security and Performance improvements
- CLI command changes
Scanning stability improvements
The scan script now starts in the “detached mode”, so that it no longer depends on the running agent service which helped to reduce memory usage.
Another advantage of the new implementation is an improvement of scanning stability, especially for the long-term scans as the scan will be no longer stopped by the agent restart or its “stand-by” mode.
Enhanced scan verdicts on the detected malware in the UI
The verdicts for detected binary malware have been enhanced, now you can see a human-readable identifier next to the detected malware.
You can read more about possible reasons at https://docs.imunify360.com/faq_and_known_issues/#_17-malware-file-reasons
In short, the verdicts include the following parts:
<type>: SMW/CMW - Server malware (SMW) or Client malware (CMW)
<detected>: SA/INJ/BLKH - Stand alone (SA), Injections (INJ), Blackhash (BLKH).
<ID>: the signature ID
<file-type>: the file type
<mlwcategory>: the malware category
<mlwclassification>: the malware classification, can vary depends on the different cases and signatures
Security and Performance improvements and fixes
- The malware scanning script is no longer killed when ImunifyAV goes to “stand-by” mode (DEF-10832)
- No more errors while restoring files from quarantine if the target files already exist (DEF-10506)
- The malware scanning invokes a hook “malware-scanning / finished” when the scan is canceled during the scan list preparation (DEF-10528)
- The malware scanning output no longer goes to /var/log/messages, thus no more possible log flood during the scan like “#010#010#010#0” in it (DEF-10943)
- Fixed an issue when it is ipossible to restore cleaned file after it was scanned again (DEF-11433)
How to install
To install the new ImunifyAV version 4.6, run the commands:
wget https://repo.imunify360.cloudlinux.com/defence360/imav-deploy.sh bash imav-deploy.sh
How to upgrade
If you want to upgrade to the new ImunifyAV version 4.6 right now, you can run the following commands:
wget https://repo.imunify360.cloudlinux.com/defence360/imunify-force-update.sh bash imunify-force-update.sh
For the regular and safe update with a gradual rollout
yum update imunify-antivirus
apt-get update apt-get install --only-upgrade imunify-antivirus
Stay in touch
Please, give us feedback on the latest release or share your ideas and feature requests with the product team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you encounter any problems with the product, please send a request to our Imunify support team via https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com.